Friday, June 7, 2013

The Balm - Blush Swatches and Review

Earlier in the year, The Balm Cosmetics ( www.thebalm.com ) had a 50% off all stock items sale when they reopened their new website. They did have issues and it took a week for the site to allow customers on, but I was dedicated and filled my cart with all the blushes, a mascara and a highlighter!

I decided to do a review and show four blushes that they sell. I personally love them, and would certainly repurchase!!

There are 4 blushes (which are also marketed as shadows) called:
- Hot Mama
- Frat Boy
- Down Boy
- Cabana Boy.

They do also have stain blushes new to the site, but I am yet to purchase!


 
Their packaging is unique and loveable. The tops pull open and close with a magnet. The pans are really generous and the blush is pigmented and blends out nicely!
 
 
First colour is Hot Mama:

Cute pinup girl packaging! As mentioned above, great size, not chunky, could certainly be safe to chuck in your purse and not be a nuisance!


 
This colour reminds me of Orgasm by Nars. Lots of glittery specks throughout. Looks a little earthy in the pan but blends out to a nice pink. I am quite pale with cooler undertones and I like the colour finish on my cheeks. The glitter adds a subtle highlight as well to me, so does two jobs in one! Definitely a good option if you find Nars a little bit too expensive, perfect dupe!
 

 
Next is Frat Boy. Love this one! The packing perfectly matches the name, and still has the pinup feel that The Balm goes for.
 

 
I love this colour, I seem to be drawn to peachy pinks! This really is the perfect colour to have in your makeup draw. This is matte, no glitter or shimmer, blends out more peachy then pink, perfect for anytime of day! As with all the blushes, a little goes a long way.
 
 
Downboy to me, is just a lovely flush pink. It is matte, and is just a lovely pink. No peach or red in it, and not bright or fluro either. I feel this colour actually resembles your cheeks if something makes you blush!
 

 
Even the detail on the inside of the product makes you smile! If your after a subtle nice simple blush, this is your best friend!!
 
 
Finally, is my favourite, CabanaBoy. I love this colour, perfect for Autumn and Winter time. The design on the front is a bit deceptive as the couple are lounging on the beach though!

 
 Cabanaboy is a plum toned, matte blush. Blends in nicely to the skin keeping the darker tones which I love.
 
I would certainly recommend this colour if your on the hunt for a plumier winter shade!
 
 
All in all, these are great products. I don't have any negative thoughts on these, and they're reasonably priced!
 
 
These are the colours on skin in sunlight, starting from the left; CabanaBoy, Downboy, Fratboy, and HotMama.
 
These are just swatches on white paper in normal light, no flash, hopefully these swatches helps demonstrate the difference in colour. In order from left to right; Hotmama, Fratboy, Downboy and Cabanaboy.
 
 
Hopefully this was helpful to someone, somewhere! Great products with great formula, and they do last for the whole day!!
Thanks for reading!!
 

 

 

 

 

2 comments: